Meet Our Governors
What is the role of the Governing Body?
The governing body is responsible for the conduct of its school and must promote high standards of educational achievement at the school. It is the school’s accountable body and as such:
Provides a strategic view of the school by establishing a vision and setting the purpose and aims of the school within an agreed policy framework. It appoints and performance manages the head teacher, agreeing the school improvement strategy which includes setting statutory targets with supporting budgets and staffing structures
Monitors and evaluates the work of the school by reviewing the performance of the head teacher, the effectiveness of the policy framework, progress towards targets, and the effectiveness of the school improvement strategy;
Signs off the self-evaluation process and responds to school improvement service and Ofsted reports as necessary. In addition, it holds the head teacher to account for the performance of the school and ensures that parents are involved, consulted and informed as appropriate, with information to the community being made available as required.
In order to do this, governors need to gain knowledge of how their school operates through training, by attending meetings, and by getting to know their school community, for example through a small number of visits to the school during the school day.
The Code of Conduct is included within the MAT Governance Charter (available on the SVMAT website) and all Governors are Co-opted with the exception of the Headteacher and elected parent governors.
In addition, Associate members will be appointed when their expertise and experience is required. Associate members are not members of the governing body and have no voting rights.
The full governing body meet twice a term. Two sub-committees have been created by the full governing body to monitor specific areas of Governance. The Performance, Standards and Resources committee meets twice a term and the Strategy Committee meets a minimum of once a term.
Roles within the Governing body:
Vice Chair: Zoe Garrett
PSR committee Chair: Bethany Molesworth
Financial Lead: David Price
Clerk to Governors: David Merritt
Pay Committee: Sarah Richardson
Performance Management: Bethany Molesworth
SEND: Zoe Garrett
Safeguarding: Zoe Garrett
Early Years: Zoe Garrett
Maths: Bethany Molesworth
English: Eleanor Sowden
Science: David Price
Training: David Merritt
Health & Safety: Graham Folkes-Skinner
Standing Agenda: Sarah Richardson
Menu of Monitoring: Martyn Scott
Wellbeing Governor: Martyn Scott
Gifted and Talented: Bethany Molesworth
Staff Governor: Joy Russell
- Sarah Richardson, LA Governor (TERM OF OFFICE 07.07.2018 – 01.07.2022)
- Jacky Sykes, Head Teacher
- Graham Folkes-Skinner, Co-opted Governor (TERM OF OFFICE 01.07.2018 – 01.07.2022)
- David Price, Parent Governor (TERM OF OFFICE 01.07.2018 – 01.07.2022)
- Zoe Garrett, Parent Governor (TERM OF OFFICE 15.10.2018 – 15.10.2022)
- Bethany Molesworth, Parent Governor & MAT staff (TERM OF OFFICE 26.11.2018 – 26.11.2022)
- Martyn Scott, Parent Governor (TERM OF OFFICE 26.11.2018 – 26.11.2022)
- David Merritt, Clerk to the Governors
- Joy Russell, Staff Governor (TERM OF OFFICE 14.10.2019 – 14.10.2023)
- Eleanor Sowden (TERM OF OFFICE 01.12.2020 – 30.11.2024)
- Meeting Attendance 2020/21
- Register of Business Interests
All Governors can be contacted via Bishops Itchington Primary School, Ladbroke Road, Bishops Itchington, Warwickshire, CV47 2RN
Telephone 01926 612297